Thank You Blue Mountain Project
The Blue Mountain Project has been enhancing the Minto Primary School
educational and holistic development continuously. The Minto Primary
School family is certainly grateful for the input the Blue Mountain Project
is making in our growth and development.
* Getting a computer lab with 20 computers and an overhead projector were
like a LEAP into the education system. We felt we were on par with others
in the education arena.
* Receiving Internet service were indeed icing on the cake. Our students
are now exposed to "real life learning." Their acquisition of knowledge
is no longer limited to still pictures on a page. Seeing how the digestive
system works on a youtube presentation got them excited.
* Interactive teaching and learning encounters done by the volunteers
created life in the classroom. Students participation were impressive.
Teachers also benefited from the encounters. It tapped into the demand of
us teachers catering to the need for diversity in classroom.
* Sessions with the nurses created a sense of identity and pride.
* The school got recognition in the Jamaica Daily Gleaner because of the
Blue Mountain Project. Wow!!! That's awesome. (Gleaner dated February 24,